Check Often



Wednesday, February 12, 2014

So I needed chicken fingers after yoga

Last Friday I took an awesome yoga class at Down Under in Brookline. It was relaxing and perfect and completely cleared my mind. Once I returned to reality, all I could think about was fried chicken. I'm a classy lady, so I didn't want to trek to KFC and was afraid to try anything in walking distance of my house. I remembered that feeling of longing I get every time I drive past Raising Cane's and decided that if I was able to find a parking spot, I'd indulge in some "fast food" chicken fingers.


Raising Cane's is right by the Agganis Arena and fits the bill of tasty food on a budget. I can't remember the last time I spent under $8 on a Friday night dinner out and ate 4 chicken fingers, a serving of fries, cole slaw and Texas toast. The chicken fingers were perfection. They were moist on the inside, crispy on the outside. The promise was that nothing was frozen and everything was fresh. It's a risk to do that because you may end up with soggy fingers. This was not the case. The chicken fingers were piping hot and a great texture. The cole slaw was ice cold with finely chopped. The french fries were the kind I used to get at the pool, they were crinkle cut. Something about crinkle cut fries and chicken fingers makes me feel like a kid again.

Raising Cane's is famous for their Cane sauce. I have to say when it comes to chicken fingers, all I want is ketchup, but if you're a fan of ranch and ketchup, that's what the secret sauce tastes a lot like.

Going back to the post-yoga piece, what I was craving was fried chicken and silence. What I got was chicken fingers, sides and entertainment. I sat there inhaling my food while listening to all of the youngins talk about where they were going to party. Turns out Cane's is a meet up spot for undergrads wanting to carb it up before heading out to party. Next time I go back to Raising Cane's, I'll choose a mid-day spot to go after my fried chicken and silence. Maybe next time, I will indulge a little bit more and get more fingers.

please note that the image used for this post is from here. I was so focused on inhaling my chicken, that I forgot to take a picture. All other images on foodfriendsnfun.com are taken by the blogger unless explicitly said otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment